Alicia Procello Maddox California: Tips for Building a Successful Team
As President of the Avery Dennison Foundation, Alicia Procello Maddox knows a few things about leadership and fostering a good team to work towards a common goal. In her many years as a corporate executive, Alicia Procello Maddox has picked up a number of tips and tricks on how to truly, and organically motivate her team to work harder and perform better. An absolute must in any business is having a strong, caring and productive team, that are all working towards a common goal and know how to work together.
In her years as a philanthropic executive, Alicia Procello Maddox has found a few helpful methods to being a strong leader.
- Create Shared Goals: In building any strong team you have to ensure everyone who is part of it is clear and understands what is expected of them as an individual and what is expected of them as a team. Shared goals, allows individuals to strive for a common interest. With each member putting forth their ideas on how to achieve the specific goal or objective.
- Create Shared Values: In her many years leading the foundation, Alicia Procello Maddox has taken a keen interest in conservation efforts and helping those in under-privileged parts of the world. She has spread this interest to many members of her team, allowing them to feel closer to this shared value or interest. Sharing values allowing team members to feel closer to each other and feel they are “on the same side” as their colleagues.
- Create a Shared Plan of Action: In having a common objective, you create the need for each member of a team to do their specific part and take on their specific role. This way each member knows what the other is doing and how their work fits in as a piece of the larger puzzle.
- Be a Leader: In any successful business or organization there must be a clear-cut leader, to whom all the members can look towards for guidance. As the leader you must take charge and lead by example, allowing the other members to be motivated by you and your effort toward the common goal.
- Constant Evaluation: A good leader must always step back and take stock of what is happening and how it is happening, and insure that each member is on track to completing the given objective.
- Come Together Regularly: Alicia Procello Maddox believes that any good business or organization must come together, whether it be the occasional dinner or a weekly staff meeting. Coming together allows a bond to develop and assures that each member will work not only for their benefit but for the benefit of their colleagues as well.